Changing Times Changing Worlds will have a full track of panels again this year. Our Panel Selection Committee has lots of ideas, but we’d also love to hear your ideas.
If the workshops are the muscles of the conference, the panels are the bones. One of the goals of CTCW is to get people to discuss the many different approaches to the supernatural and paranormal that we’ve learned, to compare, and learn from each other. We pick panels that are meant to put forward topics that can be looked at in different ways: shamanism, symbolism, healing, ghosts, divination, magick, psychic abilities. We pick panelists who will probably approach the topic from different points of view, and different experiences.
Please feel free to suggest any topic you’d like to hear explored, whether you want to participate in the panel or just listen. But you don’t need to be an expert on a topic to be on a panel, your experience makes you an expert on what you’ve seen. Perhaps you don’t know enough to do a workshop, but each panelist will probably only get about 10 minutes of speaking time, so this might be a great way for you to “get your toes wet” as it were, and share what you know “a little” about. It still may be something other people didn’t know about and will help them understand the overall subject.
Or you may simply want to hear about a subject from several points of view. Let us know- if four people are interested, you’ll get to hear at least four points of view (maybe more).
The Selection Committee consists of the following:
- Tchipakkan Taylor, Conference Chair emeritus and founder
- Thor Halvorsen, past presenter
- Sacred Owl Quinones, past presenter
The committee will review submitted panel ideas for general suitability to the theme and ideals of the conference. All panels that pass these criteria will be listed on the web site as potential panels.
Presenters and attendees will be invited to sign up for panels they would like to participate in. We’ll review the sign-ups as the conference program solidifies, and will run the panels which have gathered most participant interest. No matter how wonderful we think the topic is, we can’t hold a panel if no one wants to be a panelist.
We encourage you to submit multiple ideas. The form handles a maximum of four proposals, but if you have more ideas than that, you can submit a second form.
Instructions for how to sign up to be on a panel. The process can be confusing.
1. Click the Sign Up link in the form below for the panel you want to be on.
2. The page will reload, taking you back to the top. Click on the “Jump to Panel sign-up sheet” link provided at the top of the page. It will take you to a form to fill out your contact information.
3. Click the Sign me up! button.
4. You should now be back at the Panels sign-up section of the page, which will be displaying a green box saying “You have been signed up”.
5. If you would like to do more than one panel, you have to do this separately for each panel. We apologize for that inconvenience. It’s the way the tool we currently have works. We’re evaluating other options for next year.
CTCW Panels 2018
Date: November 1, 2018
Changing Times Changing Worlds always has amazing Panels. It is one of the features that attendees love to participate in. Panel descriptions are on our website, but please use this form to sign up as panelists. For panels to run, we must have 2-3 panelists plus 1 moderator. Our final list of panels will be listed on our website prior to the conference. (For example, if we list a topic here and do not receive any sign-ups, we may choose to eliminate that panel this year). If you would like to suggest a panel topic, please do so through our website. We would love to hear from you!
Sign up below...