- What is this conference about?
- It’s an interfaith Paranormal/Metaphysical conference. We explore “alternative” views of reality, healing, divination, energy work. Our goal is to provide hands-on, how-to workshops on all things metaphysical, and get past the “introductory level” to useful techniques and tools. We also include folklore and exploration of various spiritual paths as so often the spirit world is integrated into them. All are welcome and respected. Our other focus is to bring those from different backgrounds together (for example those who study ESP and those who cast spells) together so that we can share our experiences and wisdom, and build on them together.
- If you want a better idea of what it’s about, keep coming back and checking out the guest blogs on the Good Stuff Here page. Many of our speakers will be doing guest blogs. Some teachers will be guests on The New Normal, Tchipakkan’s radio pod cast, which may give you an idea of what some of their workshops will be like. Those are announced there as well.
- When is the conference?
November 3-5, 2017 ; we open Friday at noon, (classes will start at noon) until Sunday afternoon.
- Where is the conference? (for my GPS)
Registration (mention CTCW for discount) $119 + tax per night.
SPECIAL RATE AT HOTEL ENDS OCTOBER 2nd, YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE HOTEL BY THEN.
How do I get there? Is there public transportation to the con?
(directions coming soon)
The closest airports are Albany International and Stewart in Newburgh.
There’s Amtrak station in Poughkeepsie, 30 miles away, contact us to arrange a ride share from there.
How much does the conference cost? Are there discounts?
Registration for the con is $88 at the door, $44 until February 28.
The hotel will have a special rate for rooms, $119 so reserve early, it goes up Oct 2th.
- Day rates (available at door only):
- $33 for Friday or Sunday
- $44 for Saturday
- Kids under 12 free.
- $5 discount for students, seniors, and groups of more than 5 people registering together
- Volunteers can earn discounts, even get in free. Contact us to find out how.
- Vendors or Dealers registration is 1/2 of normal current registration, plus table or room fee as applicable (and hotel cost for Dealers).
Are you still accepting proposals?
Yes- we are still looking for workshops, here’s the form. And if you’d like to be on a panel, you can sign up here.
Where can I find the Schedule?
It won’t be up until we select the workshops and panels. Look for it around the beginning of September.
- Are there Press Passes available?
- Yes, although we expect all members of the press who are admitted to be respectful of any attendees or speakers who do not wish to be photographed or interviewed. Press Release here:
- How much does it cost to sell at CTCW?
- First vendors get a discount: check vendor page. $50 fee to sell (read/heal) from your room, or $100 per table in the Venders room. $50 for a readers space for the whole weekend.
- How big is the conference?
- We expect 200+ this year. We run up to 4 workshops and panels at the same time, and have 30+ speakers, and dozens of classes, as well as 15 panels, sometimes a concert, a vendor room, dealers row, raffle, auction and a readers area. We also have a quiet room so your brain doesn’t explode.
- Please join us on our facebook group with any suggestions or just to talk about this stuff between now and then. Let us know about your events.
- Is there food available at the conference?
- There’s a restaurant in the hotel, and there are fast food and pizza places, and other restaurants within 5 miles.
- There are also nearby copy shops, drug stores, and anything else we could think of looking for.
- Our Hospitality will be offering some healthy snacks for our presenters and guests. If you have allergies or special needs, you must tell us in advance so we can do our best not to trigger them. This is NOT a food plan, but a way to keep you grounded as the conference generates a great deal of spiritual and emotional and intellectual energy, and we understand how food helps ground.
- If you’d like to help, hospitality is accepting donations. Healthy bottled drinks (water), and foods are welcome. Please avoid and label anything that could trigger allergies.
- Hospitality is also organizing and accepting donations for the Raffle (to help with our expenses), which will be held Friday and Saturday nights at the beginning of dinner. You can buy or earn tickets by volunteering.
- How handicapped accessible are you?
- The Hudson Valley Resort is handicapped accessible. No Smoking.
- Can I bring my dog?
- Yes, dogs can come too! Please arrange this with the hotel in advance.
- What is this con about?
- It’s about teaching and learning about the abilities that we have that have been ignored and denied, and teaching and learning about the other phenomena that have also been suppressed. It’s about comparing notes between those who channel guides and those who are ridden by loa, it’s about learning all the ways we can heal ourselves and help each other heal, it’s about understanding why it is that some forms of divination seem to work and some don’t and how to figure out which is which and fine tune them. It’s about understanding that there’s a lot of diversity in how we approach the “unseen”, but as it IS real, we also have a lot in common and can learn from each other. It’s about cramming as much learning into one weekend as we can manage without imploding.
- Will there be entertainment?
- Yes, although we haven’t confirmed performers yet. When we have, we’ll post it.
- Will there be rituals?
- Some workshops will have rituals incorporate in what they are doing, but we are not promoting any ritual practice or group of practices. It would be difficult if not impossible to separate spiritual practices from energy working, and we are trying to reach out to everyone. This is an interfaith conference. We’d like it if various faiths could explain and perhaps show each other what their rituals are like, but there will be no rituals that include any participant who doesn’t volunteer for it. Opening and ceremonies will not be rituals.
- Will there be special activities for Children?
- No, not really. We love young people, but don’t expect them to accompany parents unless they are interested in our programming – which, as it is aimed at more advanced skills, seems unlikely. They may watch movies, but not unattended.
- Can I advertise in the program booklet? How about on the website?
- Yes, the costs are here. Please contact us about website banner exchange.
- How can I become part of the con?
- Like us on facebook. Join the Yahoo group
- Most of the people on this group are presenters, dealers, volunteers etc. We talk about what we want the con to be, and how to make it happen. This is where you can arrange ride and room shares, or volunteer for security, or other help.
- How can I help get the word out?
- We’d love to have you put up a poster at your local bookstore, library, school, church or anywhere else you think others who come there would like to know about us. There are posters in black and white and color you can download and print (click here).
How can I help get the word out?
Let us know about any group, store, event etc. where you think we should let them know, and we can send you posters, press releases or business cards. Please, link to us on your website. Visit our fb page, and tell your friends.
Next year’s CTCW is planned for November 3rd-5th, 2017. The theme will be Joy.
More Questions? Please contact us.